Monday, October 6, 2008

western traveler

For those who have visited my flickr photos lately you can't have missed all of the pictures from our recent trip to Alaska. For one I had grossly neglected flickr, and secondly you just can't but notice the amazing scenery we documented.

I was lucky enough to go to Anchorage for the Western Museum Association's Annual Meeting. I did have to work quite a bit- we offered a pre-conference workshop, I moderated one session, and was a panelist on another session, but toward the end of the conference Clay and Jackson met me and from Anchorage we went on a short vacation. It had to be short since both boys had just started new school years.

It was terribly expensive up there, but my favorite day by far was when we hiked the Winners Creek Trail in Girdwood. We saw the most amazing and diverse mushrooms.






We also picked blueberries along the trail! It was the tail end of the season but we had enough for blueberry pancakes the next morning.


It was a little more than a 5 mile hike, however we really took our time and enjoyed taking everything in.


Tomorrow I am off to San Jose on business, too bad not all business trips can be as amazing as that last one!

No comments: