Monday, October 27, 2008

post-worthy

I am still trying to figure out my voice on this new blog. Don't worry, I am still sticking to my "no-stress blog" attitude, but that doesn't mean I am always able to come up with lots of post-worthy material. For one, life is heavily about work right now, and I try not to talk about work here unless I happen to be on the road.

To be completely honest, I was quiet last week because I was a little bit down on most nights. Nothing too serious, just a case of the blues. It happens sometimes. I'm feeling much better this week though. I am trying hard to be positive and for the most part I think it is working, whereas last week I just couldn't turn it around.

Despite my gloomy outlook on life last week, I had some kick-ass luck at the thrift stores. Check out the two teak chairs we scored for our dinner table. Now we have two matching chairs and the teal chair which I still love.


I also picked up a wee sweet Arabia Finland dish and an equally sweet vintage Japanese ceramic bud vase.




I did pretty well in the clothing department too. I picked up a brown vintage slip, a couple of cardigans (I am a cardigan junky), and the mythical vintage Diane von Furstenberg dress for under $5! It has no shape on the hanger, but it looks rather good on and even though I have very little in this color, I think I have realized that it is one of the most flattering colors for me.

No comments: