Sunday, October 5, 2008

becoming a soccer mom during an election year

You know getting gray hairs - lots of them - wasn't so much of a big deal. Turning 30 felt like a milestone I had been waiting and ready for. Becoming a Soccer Mom, that sort of stung. However after last Thursday's Vice-Presidential debate I am determined not to be type-cast as Palin's soccer mom.

Ok, so I was admittedly surprised how much I actually can get into watching my son play a sport. I don't consider my myself sporty but I understand now that as his Mom, I am also his #1 fan.


And yes, I am even the team mom, but that is only because I wanted to make the damn banner! Did I mention that they have the most intimidating team name ever - the Blue Bananas! Yes the coach came to discover that it also the name of the bar that Julia Roberts and Kit hang out at in Pretty Woman, but we will just leave that movie trivia a secret for the kiddos to discover in due time. Here is our Blue Banana, drawn by Clay and implemented thanks to the wonder of felt by me.


But as for the soccer mom worried about the economy... she is rooting for Obama sidelines, along with that cute kid with the #9.


Still no sign of Joe Six-Pack, my beloved husband is more of a Chief Ten-Beers.

No comments: