Saturday, March 21, 2009

just a few month lost - with a pretty good excuse


It's been nothing but the sound of cricket around here, on flickr too. I have wandered before, but these last few months I have been downright silent. I doubt anyone is even out there.

It has been an odd year so far, I might as well spill the beans - I'm pregnant. It was a surprise, or as I prefer, a bonus. So needless to say I have been sick and tired the last few months. I thought it was getting better, but the last few days have been miserable. I hate food, have no desire to cook and less desire to eat anything but bland carbs. I am showing so much earlier than I did with Jackson, I know that is normal, but it surprised me nonetheless.

I have resolved to start making again, anything. It has been ages. I have gotten into this funk were I silently lurk on blogs reading about what other people are doing and just observing. I need to stop and do something productive. I will share if I do, hopefully I can get that creative muscle working again.

If anyone reads this, old friend or new, I hope you are doing well and sorry I have been so out of touch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yey! Congratulations! Janet mentioned a slew of that sort of thing over there, but she didn't mention who...
b

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kara! Good to hear what you're up to these days :) Since we last talked I'm now a Mom too! Clara June is now 18 months old, crazy how time flies. Best of luck with the nausea, hope your spirits lift real soon :) Get in touch any time, xoxo, Melissa

frecklewonder said...

oh, honey. i completely understand, it wasn't that long ago that i was busy growing a person, and it's amazing how much it can take outta ya. don't pressure yourself, just do what feels good and right. if that means eating crackers and lurking blogs, so be it.

and hello! i am so happy for you and the boys. what a great big brother jackson will be :)

congrats, lady friend. here's hoping you sail into those easy, comfortable days of preggo land, where there's boundless energy and obsessive nesting and all that fun stuff.

XOXO!!!!!!