Sunday, January 11, 2009

weekend recap

Hope everyone had a good weekend, we sure did. My Mom had Jackson over for a sleepover on Friday and Clay and I went on a date. We had a yummy dinner at one of our favorite restaurants and then met some friends for drinks. It was fun, we don't often go out and I think we should do it more.

On Saturday we actually slept in and then went up to the litho studio, picking some kombucha up on the way for our ever so slight hangovers. Is anyone else riding the kombucha train? I am totally hooked on the stuff.

At the studio Clay taught me how to grind a stone. Between our undergraduate and graduate studies I have spent plenty of time with Clay in litho studios, but I usually just hang out. Most recently I was always heading over to the book arts studio to use the guillotine. We played music and Clay taught me to grind stones and bevel the edges. Then he showed me more about the process with some stones he is working on. It was a fun compromise - Clay wanted to spend sometime in the studio, especially while the students are on break still, and he also wanted to spend time with me.


So, earlier this week I finally did something I have wanted to do forever. I joined the local CSA and I couldn't be happier with our first box we picked up this morning.

Wow... carrots, dill, lettuce, chard, kale, oranges, tangerines, avocados, apples, lemons, guave, and cherimoya which I have never even heard of. It looks like a chiseled avocado and is suppose to taste like banana. Living in a temporate location has advantages.

Lots of people at work have been sick and I think I am coming down with a it. I can't really tell if this is the beginning of something bad, or just an annoying sore throat.

No comments: